TECHNET Archives

July 2010

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:02:15 +0100
Eric
In 15+ years of dealing with Ag epoxies I never saw true Ag migration, Saw
bleed reasonably often. Rarely with particles, but it can happen. All
epoxies can slump or bleed to give a resin rich shell/perimeter, albeit thin
and this is without significance.
Occasionally the adhesive or a component of the adhesive will bleed out on
an ultra clean surface, as say in quartz crystals - when this happens it can
give a conductive trail. Or at least a reduced resistance trail. This then
shorts, arcs or fails in some way and the fault post event is attributed to
silver migration. When I was involved suppliers had special no bleed
formulations usually suffixed(NB). These days things are likely different.
As I said "I hope a real epoxy person ....." :)

Regards

Mike

* Please  think before you print