TECHNET Archives

June 2010

From:
Dee Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dee Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2010 07:12:30 -0700
Hi all,

I need to find some written data on the long term reliability of rohs
assemblies.  We don't have comply with rohs but can only get the
parts in rohs, with BGA's being the main drive for rohs compliant solder.

Just had an assembly vendor say that a rohs bga can be assembled with
eutectic solder paste with good results.  2 other assembly shops say
that is not recommended.  Is there any real studies or data available
that provides the real answer?  Also studies and data for the
reliability of rohs?  We need our boxes to work for 10 years or more.

Thank you for your time.   What a great network for people to share
knowledge.  I will also be going through PCD&F and google to
(hopelessly behind on my reading)

:-) Dee Stover  [log in to unmask]   520-318-8489
Tech Associate II
National Optical Astronomy Observatories
www.noao.edu