TECHNET Archives

June 2010

From:
Betty Magnin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Betty Magnin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:02:29 +0200
Dear Technetters,

Did one of you ever think about joining CERN ?

Electronics is at the heart of our activities : playing a mission
critical role in our particle accelerators (power conversion, magnet
controls and protection, radio frequency, beam analysis and control,
real-time controls), high energy physics experiments (detector
instrumentation, data acquisition and filtering, trigger, data storage),
power generation and distribution or access and safety infrastructures.
From the system conception and specifications, to the design,
simulation, prototyping and testing, to, finally, the mass production,
installation and full system commissioning: The challenges are numerous.
But surely you're up to it - together with us.
Functions
If you're ready to stretch your imagination and skills, and you're
passionate about one or more of the following:

o Analogue electronics (circuit design, front-end instrumentation and
control, DC to wide band signal amplification, power conversion and
management, signal to noise optimization filtering, analogue to digital
and digital to analogue conversions, radiation-hardness)
o Digital electronics (digital signal processing, data filtering and
synchronization, link technologies, timing and data alignment, slow and
real-time process controls, data collection and storage,
radiation-hardness)
o High frequency techniques (RF amplifiers, klystrons, acceleration
cavities and linear structures, analogue and digital controls for RF
units)
o Micro-electronics (analogue and digital chip design, packaging,
radiation-hardness)
o Electronics production techniques (circuit layout, PCB manufacturing)
o Power electronics
o Control systems (embedded systems, PLC, regulation, SCADA)
o Data acquisition systems (data acquisition, links and adapters,
logging systems)

then don't miss our recurring opportunities in these domains.
You may also want to consider our opportunities to work as operator
(beam operator, technical infrastructure operator, cryogenics operator).

Today, we propose among a few others, a job for a Technician in our
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Workshop.
Feel free to have a look at our ERT website https://ert.cern.ch/ and
more specifically to this vacancy notice: EN-ICE-DEM-2010-21-LD.

Please forgive me if I violate a rule of this forum, but I did not find
any text forbidding to post job opportunities.
Kind regards

Betty Magnin
EN-ICE-DEM
Tel : +41 22 767 06 88