TECHNET Archives

June 2010

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:05:16 -0400
Hi Dewey!

I have the clip posted here:

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/747_struck_by_lightning.wmv

MAN! That is some strike! We were struck by lightning once when I flew on
P3's. After landing, we had a hole about the size of a half-dollar in the
nose radome, and a little hole in the MAD boom cover at the tail of the
airplane. That was about it.

With the new composite airframes, and lead free, I wonder just how well the
new aircraft can take lightning strikes...

Steve