TECHNET Archives

June 2010

From:
Nigel Burtt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nigel Burtt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:16:28 -0500
I work a fair bit with Bob Willis via the SMART Group in the UK and I know he
has done recent UK workshops on this topic here, but he regularly runs
workshops in the US and Europe too, such as IPC, APEX, IMAPS and SMTA
International events. I haven't seen the one on POP myself, but have
attended many previous ones both as colleague or as a customer, such as on
QFN/LGA. Its best to get ahead of the designers on this kind of technology
before they start putting them on PCBs and you have to worry too late on
how to deal with actually making the PCB for them and Bob's presentations
contain the right level of detail for the sort of low volume work you describe.

I think Bob does an online webinar of the presentation on POP he has
previously done for IMAPS and SMTA (see www.bobwillisonline.com or
www.askbobwillis.co.uk) - not sure if this has been aired at an IPC event
though.

Nigel Burtt