TECHNET Archives

June 2010

Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 07:58:14 +0200
Ha-ha! A good manicure...have you ever changed the start motor on a Volvo S40, Steve?  If you have, your fingers, skin and nails will look the same. Before i took the photo I washed away the blood. To get out the start motor you have to take out the battery, remove the air filter, remove the injector bridge, remove the fule injectors, dismount the throttle, remove the turbo, remove the inlet tubes, remove the  upper water tube, remove a number of sensor wires and work from both topside and underside of the car. I would like to have a word with the car designer!  Would like to still have my old Mercedes 250SEL mod -65.  When you wanted to take out the start motor you just took a wrench size 10 and a insex size 10, removed the wires and removed two bolts and lifted out the start motor. You could do it without changing clothes.
LOL
Inge