TECHNET Archives

June 2010

From:
"Thayer, Wayne - IIW" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Thayer, Wayne - IIW
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:33:56 -0400
Very pretty pictures!

These look like different failure modes--some along the interface and some in the intermetallic area and one which looks like a crack in the solder.

All three are possible with a bunch of severe mechanical stress.

Wayne