TECHNET Archives

May 2010

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 07:21:38 -0500
Sorry, should have gone into greater depth.  My preferred method is to use
dyne pens, such as the ones you would find here:

http://www.accudynetest.com/adtpen.html
http://www.enerconind.com/Treating/Products/Dyne-Pens.aspx?aliaspath=/redirector

You generally want a surface energy above 40 dynes/cm.  You can check your
surface energy in a number of areas on a sample bare board.  If it greatly
varies, you have a problem with the solder mask cure or cleanliness.  A
heat bump may help complete the cure and a run through the Omegameter may
help clean the mask.  Plasma treatment also works to increase surface
energy.

Doug Pauls

Ioan Tempea <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
05/06/2010 07:15 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
Ioan Tempea <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] Wrinkling of conformal coating

Doug,

I wish the substance was old... and smart, like us!

You are putting me in a tough situation here. How to check surface energy,
what should be the good values and how to fix it if not OK?

Thanks,

Ioan Tempea, ing.
Ingénieur Principal de Fabrication / Senior Manufacturing Engineer
T | 450.967.7100 ext.244
E | [log in to unmask]
W | www.digico.cc

N'imprimer que si nécessaire - Print only if you must