TECHNET Archives

May 2010

From:
Drew meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Drew meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2010 12:18:11 -0500
Inge,

I must admit that due to my birth date and historical condtions I have not
been in the service.  My father was drafted in WWII.

My exposure to the machine was at large town nearby on the 4th of July.
Every year the Army Reserve/National Guard sets up a display manned by
volunteers.  Some gear is there and you can sit in a military Hummer and see
other things.

One year they had the Dog Tag machine and if you waited in line a long time
on a very hot day they would make you a Dog Tag.  My wife gave up but I
stuck it out just to see it work.  There were a few dud tags tossed that day.
In the end I had a dog tag made for"""""""""""".  My wife's dog!  Very friendly
and prone to wander (sneak away) if not watched closely.  The few times
CoCo (Yorkie Poodle mix) snuck away the tag hit pay dirt.  Where ever he
ended up in town we received a phone call and went to get him.

He passed away with my wife holding him at the Vet.  He was 17 and life was
very hard for him.  He was blind, deaf and incontinent by then.

    My wife still has the tag.

Based on your response I have missed the mark too.

Drew