TECHNET Archives

May 2010

From:
Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 07:22:36 -0500
GFI or GFCI as they are somtimes called (ground fault circuit interrupter)
normally have internal contacts like a relay to make and break the circuit.
Hence they are eaily resettable.

Inge, older style glass tube fuses sometimes had an intenral spring to pull the
broken parts apart quickly to avoid arcing. Perhaps you are thinking of these
used in vehicles, however, most vehicles fuses lately ar ethe plug-in blade
type. There may be one or two of these still in a vehicle as the main fuse.

Blair