TECHNET Archives

May 2010

From:
"Whittaker, Dewey (EHCOE)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Whittaker, Dewey (EHCOE)
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 14:41:34 -0700
Jack,
Just designing for RoHS compliance does not dictate the use of non-dicey
cured material. If you are designing a fully compliant, complex,
Lead-free design that will be exposed to a minimum of two lead-free
reflow profiles and one wave solder operation and expect it to work for
twenty plus years, then no dicey-cured FR4 shall apply. IPC-4101/126 and
/129 are phenolic cured materials which have demonstrated a robustness
that is up to the challenge.
Dewey