TECHNET Archives

May 2010

Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 09:07:39 +0200
As I've been involved in many q about leakage (we've designed several PWBs
with many kV WV) I wonder if not there is a close relation between CAF and
leakage current?
E.g. NPL MATC(A)155 which reports CAF as and effect of:

- via-to-via gap
- layout
- via alignment to glass weave
- inner layer pads and polarity
- board surface finish
-drill feed speed
- reflow conditions
- board manufacturing location
- glass transition temp
- glass reinforcement
- laminate chemistry

As I can see it,  leakage current  is not isolated from CAF.

just a thought

Inge