TECHNET Archives

May 2010

From:
Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 10:01:51 -0400
Doesn't seem easy to contact them by phone, Bev. Here's their contact
page info, and also their FAQ if you don't have access to your primary
email account.

To contact LinkedIn Customer Service:

   1. Click on the 'Ask Customer Service' tab across the top of this
page.
   2. Enter your email address in all lowercase letters in the 'Your
Contact Information' section. Enter an email address that is accessible
so that you can access the response that LinkedIn Customer Service sends
to you.
   3. Type in the 'Subject' of your message. The subject should be a
brief overview of your issue.
   4. Type in your 'Question' in the text box. Provide any relevant
details that might help with troubleshooting.

http://linkedin.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linkedin.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_
sid=JVT2zC_j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=2962&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX
3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD04NDQsODQ0JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0c
z0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9M
Q!!

If you are not currently in the LinkedIn Customer Service Center, take
the following steps:

   1. Click on the 'Customer Service' link found at the bottom of the
home page.
(http://linkedin.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linkedin.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.p
hp?p_sid=E1kWzC_j) This will bring you to the LinkedIn Customer Service
Center (Online Self-Help Knowledge Base).
   2. Search for existing answers within our Frequently Asked Questions
that may address your question.

   1. Enter a keyword or keyword phrase in the text box to the left of
the Search button.
   2. Click the 'Search' button. Existing answers that match the
keyword(s) you entered will come up in the search results.
   3. Click on a topic to view the details of any answer in the search
results.
   4. Note: After performing a keyword search or clicking on an existing
answer the 'Ask Customer Service' tab will appear.

   3. If you do not find an existing answer that addresses your question
within our Frequently Asked Questions:

   1. Click on the 'Ask Customer Service' tab.
   2. Enter your email address in all lowercase letters in the 'Your
Contact Information' section. Enter an email address that is accessible
so that you can access the response that LinkedIn Customer Service sends
to you.
   3. Type in the 'Subject' of your message. The subject should be a
brief overview of your issue.
   4. Type in your 'Question' in the text box. Provide any relevant
details that might help with troubleshooting.

What happens if I no longer have access to my primary email address?

Many people use their work email address as their LinkedIn primary email
address. We would strongly suggest that you have at least two confirmed
email addresses assigned to your account. This way you will not be
prevented from accessing your network if you lose access to your primary
email address.

If you have forgotten your password and no longer have access to your
primary email account, try the following steps from the LinkedIn Sign In
page:

   1. Click on 'Forgot Password?'.
   2. Enter a different active email address you own in the empty text
box.
   3. Click on 'Submit Password'. If the address you provided above is
in our records, we will send a link to reset your password to that email
address.

   1. If the password reset message is received - Go to your 'Settings'
(link found at the top of your homepage) and update your email addresses
section with a new primary email address after you sign in.
   2. If you do not receive a password reset message - Try the steps
above with another active email addresses you may still have.

If you are not successful accessing your old account using the
suggestions above, we will not be able to assist you in any of the
following ways:

   1. Reset your password.
   2. Update your account information.
   3. Transfer/merge account information to another account.

The best thing for you to do at this time is to create a new account
with your current information and re-invite the previously established
contacts. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope
that you understand that this policy prevents others from contacting
Customer Service to gain control over any member's account profile for
mischievous reasons. Upholding member privacy is our top priority
especially when it comes to keeping personally identifiable information
confidential.

Mike Buetow
Circuits Assembly
w/m 617-327-4702

>>> 2010 Directory of EMS Companies  -- Over 1,900 Listings -- in Excel
-- circuitsassembly.com/cms/ems-directory <<<