TECHNET Archives

May 2010

Date:
Mon, 10 May 2010 17:29:34 +0200
Right.  When you can see or feel quality, many are willing to pay extra to
get that.  E.g. if you have a garage and repair cars, you'll soon find, that
it's profitable to buy  Belzer or Stahlwille or Bacho tools  instead of
buying cheap hobby ones. The Belzer tools are very expensive, several times
more than the tools you buy for your home. But they are 'impossible' to wear
out.  You don't need persuade talk, those guys are already quality thinking.
And visa versa,  a ignorant garage owner, when he sees the price label, he
will leave that store  and look for cheap tools from the East. If he could
see a bit into the future, he would realize that buying cheap tools was
waste of money, moreover, with the cheap tools he got rounded hexnuts, lost
grip and hurt his hands,  demolated the screws  with bad bits and so on.
Simple metaphors, but it illustrates the importance of having the ability to
get a customer quality-conscious.  We have discussed this often at my job,
how to open a customer's mind so that he can see the results of buying the
respective choices.  Maybe one should start with  your salesmen?

Well, I think we don't come further.......

best

Inge