TGASIA Archives

May 2010

TGAsia@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 25 May 2010 11:12:26 +0800
From:
Marshal Lv-22253CE <[log in to unmask]>
base64
2D X-ray can not give detailed data about the solder joint defect such as void, shift, insufficient etc. Even you have criteria, how do you judge the defects?
Of course, solder short is obvious, no need criteria.
So judge the defects by your eyes with your experience.
About (P)QFN, even 5DX can not perfectly recognize the real solder joint defects (open or insufficient). But via microscope you can judge the solder joint status.
Believe your eyes!

Thanks&Best Regards
Marshal Lv(ÂÀ¹úÇì)
Hangzhou Motorola Cellular Equipment Co.,Ltd.
SMT Engineer
Tel: 0571-86912888 Ext. 7937