TECHNET Archives

April 2010

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:13:10 +0100
In another salt mine I was involved in a project where we had concerns to
protect our IP from potential partners evaluating product under NDA.

Product was potted, we ground off all device part numbers and we had
spurious components and confusion layers in PCB for X ray etc.

We incorporated serial numbered compiled firmware, whether the product
really needed it for functionality or not, which was designed to erase if
product was tampered with.

We had the satisfaction of knowing who had copied us.

Regards

Mike