TECHNET Archives

April 2010

From:
Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:20:51 -0400
And in the mood of the day:

SYDNEY, Australia - April 1st, 2010 - Altium Limited (ASX: ALU)

Altium today announced that is has acquired "Embarcaderos TechnoLogies"
the
manufactures of 'Dellphi software tools' www.Embarcaderos.com for an
undisclosed
amount. Nick Martin, CEO said at the press release "We had to buy the
company as
the pressure from our customers was too much to handle" he continued
with "They
want 64 bits and they want it NOW! With this acquisition we have brought
forward
the release to second quarter of 2010. Not happy to just giving them 64
bits, we
are going to jump over 64 and release a 128bit version. This will force
Microsoft
to bring forward to the next update to Windows, "Windows ate" and Intel
to catch
up with the 128bit processor. This is be another world first for Altium
always
pushing the latest technologies" when asked how they tested the 128 bit
build,
Nick replied "All testing has been completed with two 64bit computers
joined with
a 128bit superconducting flux connecting cable, we had to use liquid
nitrogen to
keep it cool."

Beta testers say "Altium have done it again, now with the new 128bit
release
I have finished jobs before they are giving to me." And another "My wife
thinks
its great I'm by lunch time with all my work finished, finally I can get
to those
odd jobs I've been putting off" and "I'll be able to put my feet up on
the desk
like I did with 99SE." One beta test said "I pulled the 256bit chip off
my graphics
card and installed it in the CPU socket so I could run the 128bit build,
I'm now
pushing the software developers to get the 256bit release out. Lirpa
Tsrif, one
of the Altium developers expects they should have in running on the new
Nanaboard
4000 before the year's end.

Altium, Never say ever.

About Altium
Altium Limited (ASX:ALU) provides next generation electronics design
software that
breaks down the barriers to innovation. Altium's unified electronics
design environment
links all aspects of electronics product design into one process, in a
single application.
This helps electronics designers harness the latest devices and
technologies, manage
their projects across broad design "ecosystems?, and create connected,
intelligent
designs.
Founded in 1985, Altium has headquarters in Sydney, sales offices in the
United
States, Europe, China, and resellers in all other major markets. For
more information,
visit www.altium.com.

ENDS

My regards,