TECHNET Archives

March 2010

From:
Bernard Asiedu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bernard Asiedu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:40:52 -0400
Thanks for your response to my question. Would you happen to have any
study or research paper to support the response below? I have a customer
who is pushing me for a detailed evidence to show that Antimony Trioxide
(Sb3O2) will not be formed during reflow of a product containing Sb5Sn
solder paste.

RESPONSE
Not very likely. I believe for the reaction to occur between antimony
and an amphoteric oxide, such as Sn1O2, you need temperatures above at
least 800 deg. C.
If you can get your reflow oven above 800 deg. C, the production of
Sb2O3 will be the least of your worries.

Bernard Asiedu
Anadigics Inc
9086685000x5211