TECHNET Archives

March 2010

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:59:03 -0400
Contact Trek Inc in upstate NY as they make a variety of static
voltmeters (3M and others rebrand their products).  Perhaps they will
have advice for you on what can be done.

One suggestion, as I had the opposite problem years ago, doing
consulting on a manufacturing line using Binks sprayers to spray
adhesive on lids for 55 gal food barrels.  Automation then placed o-
rings into the adhesive.

No adhesive then the next step placed the lids on the barrels and the
o-rings would fall into the food.  Oops!

Problem was the sprayers clogged periodically.  So the company had a
person watching the sprayers....

My solution was to charge the sprayer tips with 10v then use a Trek
electrostatic voltmeter to measure the charge deposited on the lids.
No charge, stop the line and clean the spray tips.

Watching job eliminated.

You have the reverse problem so I would suggest grounding the air jet
tips  then measure with the Trek voltmeter.

Bob Landman

Sent from my iPhone