TECHNET Archives

March 2010

From:
John Goulet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:08:20 +0000
The circuit boars should have a -LF or other Pb free stamp on the board.  If you not sure then you have to either scan the board with an XRF tester or use a Lead test strip. If the entire board was manufactured with tin/lead then the repair is done with tin/lead.
A more difficult question is when your doing a repair on a Pb free board but you don't know if it was manufactured using SAC305 or SN100C. You have to check with the manufacturer to see what solder must be used to maintain the warrentee.