TECHNET Archives

March 2010

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 06:44:20 -0500
You been talkin' with my wife?!

Doug Pauls

Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
03/12/2010 04:45 PM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] NTC - Friday Elemental Trivia Question - The Winner

Hi Dave

I didn't say I wanted his Diet Mountain Dew - only the key to his store.
This way I can keep him under my full control....

....sinks into a Vincent Price laugh.....

Grrrraham

On 12 Mar 2010, at 22:27, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hi Graham! Yes, you are the winner with a number of other folks coming
in very close seconds.  I'll let Doug know that you want his Diet Mt. Dew.

> The trivia question answer:
>
> Germanium! (no, not Hillman but that was a funny response!). The
discovery of the transistor fabricated with Ge by Brattain in 1947
suddenly made Ge a very in-demand element. Si replaced Ge as the material
of choice in the 1970s as technology progressed (some folks guessed Si and
you get points for being right, just 23 years later!).

> Dave
>

> Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
> 03/12/2010 11:41 AM

> TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
> cc
> Subject
> Re: [TN] NTC - Friday Elemental Trivia Question
>

> Well if I am right, how will you deliver me the key's to Doug's Diet Dew
store? I have seen that store, but never the key which much be humungous?

> Keep in mind that I will have to clear it with HM Customs
>
> Graham
>
> On 12 Mar 2010, at 17:20, David D. Hillman wrote:
>
> > Hi Victor - Oops, yes, I should have said Column 14 and not Row 14
(there
> > aren't 14 rows in the table!). Good catch - you get bonus points!
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > Victor Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
> > Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
> > 03/12/2010 11:04 AM
> > Please respond to
> > TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to

> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: [TN] NTC - Friday Elemental Trivia Question
> >

> > Row 14 or column 14.
> >
> > Vic,

Who