IPC-600-6012 Archives

March 2010

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:41:37 -0500
 Hi Mel,
The TAEC does not determine anything technical—its function is to approve new committee efforts.
I agree with your assessment—it is a matter of the weakest link giving first. And it is a matter of inadequate resin cohesive strength, for
which we do not as yet have a test method [we are working on a 'Pad Cratering' document IPC-TM-2.6.28, TAEC-approved], any
requirement, or any standard [should be in IPC-4101]

Werner
Upcoming workshops:
May 21, IPC Int. Conference on Reliability and Quality of Lead-Free Electronics, Frankfurt, Germany,
      “Reliability Issues and Solution Options for Pb-Free Soldered Electronic Products”
May 26, FED Seminar, Stuttgart, Germany,
     “Bleifreie Lötprozesse—Frühausfälle, Qualität, Zuverlässigkeit”
June 8, SMT/HYBRID/PACKAGING 2010, Nürnberg, Germany,
     “Reliability Issues with Lead-Free Soldering”