TECHNET Archives

February 2010

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 09:34:15 -0500
Bob,

J-001DS is the "Space Addendum" version of the J-001.  With the cancellation of many MIL specs in the 1990's flap over $400 screwdrivers and $1600 toilet seats, the aerospace industry was left with little "harsh environment" standardization.  The DS version of J-001 is an IPC accomodation for the "aerospace" industry. It uses J-001 as a basis, but adds further requirements.  I guess J-001 is as close as you can come for a "Mil-Spec" for boards.

Here is a link to the committee home page under IPC's "knowledge" header:

http://www.ipc.org/CommitteeDetail.aspx?Committee=5-22AS

Denny Fritz
SAIC, Inc.