TECHNET Archives

February 2010

From:
Donald Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donald Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:58:34 -0600
Luan

There are two hurdles to clear to enable you to perform the repairs as a repair station.  The first is to become a FAA repair station.  The link to the FAA repair website is http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/repair/.  There is a link for an application.

You'll need to conform to 14 CFR part 145 as part of the process.   You can download a copy of the regulation here:  http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14cfr145_main_02.tpl

After you are certified as a repair station, it will be necessary for either you or your customer to submit repair instructions to the FAA for approval.  The repair instructions will be specific to the repair being performed.

Don Vischulis