TECHNET Archives

February 2010

From:
John Goulet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:05:35 +0000
I agree with Lee. First we take every action to prevent bowing  which is typically worse with PCBs that are 0.062" or under, that are long, approx 10" and narrow, 1.2" to 3". You may have to use sanp mask (solder plow) at either end of the panel for reflow.

The wave solder process may require you to purchase wave solder pallets that secures the boards with an overarm bar or thumbscrews through mounting holes or in the routed spaces between the PCAs that keep the individual PCAs in the panel flat .

A selective solder machine also achieves the desired result without buying wave pallets.