TECHNET Archives

February 2010

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:23:58 -0600
Hi Graham - well, ya got me stumped. I have access to all of the QQ-S-571
revisions from "B"  and there is no "94" designation in the specification.
That drawing note has to newer than QQ-S-571 Rev C, 1963,  since that's
when the R-RMA-RA convention was first used. The WRAP3 is easy - wire, RA
flux, P3 flux core but the 94 LTS is a mystery. If I had to guess, the 94
LTS is a specific supplier alloy designation that has nothing to do with
the 571 specification. And the "silver solder" reference is no help as
that could be describing a solder alloy family or could be a slang term.
Looks like someone created a drawing note mutation! Good Luck.

Dave

Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
02/11/2010 11:42 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to

cc

Subject
[TN] Old reference for silver solder - what's it cross ref to?

Hello Technet
I seem plagued with strange solder questions these days.  Can somebody
help with a cross-reference from an old solder callout to what this
would be referred to as now?  I have a drawing that references:
"QQ-S-571 alloy 94LTS Type WRAP3", and refers to it as "silver solder".

I can get the last version of QQ-S-571 (rev F, before it was cancelled
and J-STD-006 adopted), but I do not see this type of callout.  Does
anyone have something that will tell me what's in this solder?

Thanks!

Graham Collins
Halifax Production Engineering
L-3 Communications ES