TECHNET Archives

February 2010

From:
John Goulet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:55:06 +0000
1. Attached is a web site for Wenesco which makes every size from bench top tinning to floor models for installing and removing PTH components and large connectors on circuit boards.

Because they have a good size sales base  there are some units that can be purchased in the used market that may be larger than what you need but if the price is substantially less then it may work for you. I know a company that sold one with the two preheaters, nozzles and everything for $500 included the X/Y table. Attached is the one that was given away that had the preheaters removed. With the long solder pot with a wave pallet/component holding fixture you could tin a group of components all at the same time.

2. MSC - mini-dip Auto Dip Soldering

Lead- Free Auto- Dip 2100T at a Glance
    • • Fast, efficient alternative to manual lead-free soldering
    • • Programmable dip speed and angle simulate wave soldering
    • • Innovative needle support eliminates special PCB fixturing
    • • Large 490 mm x 320 mm work area

3. Air-Vac - Model  PCBRM in various aution sites.  You can see their web site for pictures.

This may be too small.  These are made in Conneticut and used to sell for around $1,500 new $500 used.