TECHNET Archives

February 2010

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dave He <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:44:05 -0800
Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting the pics on your web.

You are right that this is a Samtec connector and the gold plating is 20u"
over a 50 u"-Nickel. They don't have any data about the embrittlement as
this is a customer made part. The matte-tin tail or lead-tin tail is not
available due to the tiny size of the metal contact when I asked them.

We will perform a analysis later after the currently urgent build. I don't
feel it will cause the embrittlement problem but we have to tin it for this
build.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Dave He