TECHNET Archives

January 2010

From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:38:36 -0600
That brings up a good point, Leland.
Steve, why don't you ask the paste manufacturer what steps they have taken to identify the lot numbers of paste that have been affected with the "bad powder" and if they are going to notify their other customers that they would like to recall those lots? I predict one of the following:
	1. Their eyes sort of glaze over and they begin mumbling.
	2. They will tell you they already have, but they won't look you in the eye when they say it. They have no way of 	   tracing the lots if they sell it on the open market without using only certified distributors. Certified 		   distributors of paste are required to store it properly refrigerated, rotate the stock (FIFO), physically turn 	   the paste over periodically, and monitor traceability to the end customer.
	3. They will tell you the problem is isolated to only the tubes/jars you received (which may be plausible if it 	  	   froze, but unlikely).

That is why I have cautioned on this forum before that you should only buy paste from vendor-certified distributors.