TECHNET Archives

January 2010

From:
Paul Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:20:50 -0800
Lee,

I would be interested in the resistivity measurement you did over time...
Also the pin yield strength verses the L/D ratio...
I know a bunch of telcom backplanes that were built with the type of construction you are talking about that have proven to be extremely reliable.
But if you add vibration(shock) to a deep thermal cycle which may be more typical of a mil app than al bets are off... I have seen pins crack and joints shear, even after just deep cooling cycles because of thermal expansion differentials... Without knowing where or when the PCAs will be used and the knowing the variations in process controls I would want to build the best possible interface...

Paul

Paul Edwards
Surface Art Engineering