TECHNET Archives

January 2010

From:
"Woolley, Mark D. (Mark)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Woolley, Mark D. (Mark)
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:26:41 -0700
Ultrasonic action can damage bondwired in OPEN PACKAGES, meaning metal
cans etc.  The gold wires are quickly work hardened by the movement and
become brittle.  That is not an issue with plastic encapsulated
components, because the bondwires need to be able to vibrate freely.

mark

mark
Mark Woolley