IPC-600-6012 Archives

January 2010

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:34:39 -0600
Hi Everyone,

We've got a request for feedback on the anomaly in the attached .ppt file which was detected in one bundle of glass in a coupon.  This is in the center of the board stack, which is a 24 layer construction.  Since it is in the core material it may be related to glass non-wetting of the resin or poor glass treatment.

I'd also like to know if this is something we can consider developing criteria for in the next generation of IPC-6012/A-600 when we meet in Las Vegas in a couple months.

Regards,

John Perry
Technical Project Manager
IPC - Association Connecting Electronics Industries(r)
3000 Lakeside Drive # 309S
Bannockburn, IL 60015-1249 USA
+1 847-597-2818 (tel)
+1 847-615-7105 (fax)