TECHNET Archives

December 2009

From:
Lee Whiteman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:17:28 -0500
I know about the problems with soldering BGAs with SAC solder balls and SnPb solder paste and read plenty of papers pro and con.

I heard about a report where if you solder BGAs with SnPb solder balls using SAC solder paste, the resulting solder joint will be unreliable. Has anyone heard of anything like that? If there are any cross-sections or papers that you can share with me, that would be great.

Thanks again.

Lee Whiteman, PMP

Senior Member Engineering Staff

L-3 Communications East