TECHNET Archives

December 2009

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:52:28 -0500
While in A School for the Navy in Millington, TN we had an ice storm.  The base commander shut down the base except for those folks from New England, Michigan, Wisconsin, New York and a few other states that are accustom to snow and ice.  The Millington DPW were our with wheelbarrows and shovels sanding the main roads because they did not have any sanding trucks. Up here, in the Boston area, we consider the addition of ice and snow makes the ride interesting, but we do get a few folks who either forget from year to year or are transplants from warmer climates.  Those are the folks that change the shape of the guard rails and Jersey barriers.

Phil