TECHNET Archives

December 2009

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dave He <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:29:33 -0800
Hi Stadem,

This is what I asked for in my initial email (I attached below), should
there be a thickness requirement for SMT gold plating such as the 0.0984 mil
for PTH part?

If SMT gold plating is less than the certain number, tinning is not
required. If it can be stated in J-STD-001, we can stopping tinning
accordingly. Thanks for your input.

Have a nice hiliday season.

Regards,

Dave He