TECHNET Archives

December 2009

From:
Genny Gibbard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Genny Gibbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:46:44 -0600
I'm sorry, but wasn't the original question regarding requirements like
testing every value in a series for a material content breakdown?
I am not talking screening every order, where you may catch bad batches
that don't meet the spec stated, but rather, reporting what the actual
expected material content is for a part series like an 0603 5% thick
film resistor.
Would a 51 ohm resistor really have any different measurable material
content from a 75 ohm, or a 1K ohm, for that matter, if all of them were
from the exact same manufacturer, and same resistor series datasheet?
There are thousands of values.  How can we really expect the resistor
company to provide individual breakdowns/test results for each of 1000's
of values of a part they are selling for .01 cent each?

Genny