TECHNET Archives

December 2009

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:10:23 -0600
Hi Guy! Yes the ROSA (Reduced Oxide Soldering Activation) process would be
able to restore a HASL surface finish but I probably have the only
remaining functioning system in the industry. Secondly, you need to
process the "restored" pwb within a few hours after ROSA treatment or the
effectiveness is lost . I could restore Lee's pwb solderability but I
couldn't get it shipped to him in time before it would it would
re-oxidized. As several other TechNet contributors have suggested, a very
controlled re-HASL process with the correct flux and cleaning processes
could be a potential option.

Dave

Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
12/10/2009 06:55 PM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] BOARD SOLDERABILITY

Remember that tank we had at ACI that was did electrochemical reduction.
It was a Rockwell invention I think, ROSA? It could restore solderability
to some metals. I don't know how it would get through the HASL.