TECHNET Archives

November 2009

From:
Vladimir Igoshev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:13:45 +0000
Chris,

I don't think Inge's calculation is going to work for you. He is using a typical hardness (micro- or regular) approach, while in nanohardness measurements the surface area of the indentation (not projection!!!!!) Is used.

There is a rule of thumb in hardness measurements: the depth of penetration should be 1/3 of the plating thickness. Even though it will be more conservative for nano ones, based on the data you have you can see how deep the indenter went in your ENIG samples.

Regards,

Vladimir

SENTEC

SENTEC