TECHNET Archives

November 2009

From:
Arnaud Grivon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Arnaud Grivon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:05:25 +0100
Rex,

I would check the BGA ball composition as your problem may come from a
head-in-pillow effect.
Low-Ag SAC BGAs are becoming more and more common and BGA ball
composition is often not well specified (SAC is now a wide family...).
Low-Ag SAC ball composition may be the reason to call for higher reflow
temperatures.
I have had the information (but not checked) that ATMEL AT91SAM9G20-CU
(which looks close to your reference and has the same LFBGA217 package)
has SAC105 balls.

--
Arnaud Grivon
Thales Corporate Services - EPM

"The information contained in this e-mail/fax and any attachments are the property of THALES and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately, send this message back to us and destroy it. You are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or otherwise use of this e-mail/fax is strictly prohibited."