TECHNET Archives

November 2009

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:01:42 +0100
I'm thinking...suggest that the first temp rise causes the underfiller to
swell and elongate the solder ball. Done is done. The ball is deformed a
little and the crystals have changed their shape in accordance. Now, we let
the temperature change and go down. Will the underfiller force the solder
balls to contract and go through another deformation? If that is so, I can
fully understand what Dave demonstrated. Dave and Doug, sorry.
A dilatometer could easily tell you about the Z amplitude.

Inge