IPC-600-6012 Archives

November 2009

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Alan D Exley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:32:41 -0800
Bob,

Good explanation.

I think a lot of people don't understand the difference between using UL
rated materials (e.g. UL 94V-O) to build boards and applying a
manufacturer's UL mark to the board.

Having worked in a board shop that maintained a UL file, I think the main
point you allude to regarding the board shop's UL file procedure is
important. That file represents the board shops' procedure for building
boards and includes board materials, as well as soldermask and legend inks
that UL has tested per the applicable UL specification and approves. The
procedure also includes maximum temperatures and bake cycles that the
board / panel will be exposed to during processing.

I agree with all other comments posted.

Alan

Alan D Exley
Principal Quality Engineer
Engineering Design Quality
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems

310-647-4016 office
949-701-0072 cell
310-607-7363 fax
mailto:[log in to unmask]

This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the
addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or
any information contained in this message. If you have received this
message in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you for your cooperation.