TECHNET Archives

October 2009

From:
Pete Siperek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Pete Siperek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:33:08 -0700
Hello fellow IPC members.

Background:   I work in southern California and am looking for a top gun
training camp for Allegro.  To date I have been using PCAD and the
Cadence router with do files.

I am fairly new to Allegro and have a moderate understanding of the
tools.  My first round of training was via an experienced layout
consultant that provided me with the basic steps to get up an running
with the tools quickly.  I also have used PCB Matrix to generate land
and schematic symbols along with the Cadence tools of coarse.

I find that while the Cadence Allegro tools are more comprehensive than
other tools the user interface lacks intuitive menus and help
documentation is not that user friendly to say the least.  (Similar to
Mentor board station)

I am a hands on type of learner and so I am looking for a highly
recommended in-depth flexible method\training courses for the more
advanced type of user.

The classes\courses will also need to fill some of the gaps regarding
things I have missed to date so again flexibility is desirable as well.

We are a smaller company with limited resources so I need to try and
keep this in the range of the largest payoff for the money being spend
wisely.

My estimated saturation period is 2 weeks and am willing to travel if I
have to.

So if any of you are senior designers out there have some suggestions
for me based on your experience,  I would appreciate any recommendations
or ideas that you may have.

Thanks in advance,
Pete Siperek, IPC(CID+)
Sr. Staff Engineer