TECHNET Archives

October 2009

From:
Vladimir Igoshev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:39:26 +0000
One should also keep in mind that the elemental composition of such a tiny "creature" as a solder ball most probably will be different from the bulk composition. So any "high tech-high cost" analysis would be pretty much useless.

I said earlier what I'd do. Interestingly enough, I had a similar case (selective soldering, instead of wave, though) just last week and we were able to figure out the source based on the flux residue "signature".

Regards,

Vladimir

SENTEC

11 Canadian Road, Unit 7.