TECHNET Archives

October 2009

From:
Vladimir Igoshev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 02:31:21 +0000
Here we go again :-) True BP is due to poor Ni plating (cavitation is evident in Ni-P). Multiple re-flows have nothing to do with that.

I think you use the word (BP) in any cases of failure where Ni-P got exposed (the surface look black), which I believe is wrong.

If you take a look at a case history on my website, I bet you will agree it had nothing to do with BP, even though the pads looked black.

Regards,

Vladimir

SENTEC

www.sentec.ca