TECHNET Archives

September 2009

From:
"S.Huetter" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, S.Huetter
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2009 08:16:24 +0200
Hello Jim,

I agree with Chuck.

AFAIK there is no definition of the solder mask undercutting.

The acceptance criteria is the adhesion (flaking or peeling).
See IPC-A-600 2.9.5 and IPC-6012 3.7.2.

In my opinion the undercutting is to severe.
The soldermask overhang can easily break away and the flakes will cause
problems.

Check the drying process before exposure and developing process.

Regards,
Simon