TECHNET Archives

September 2009

From:
Jerry Dengler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jerry Dengler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:06:07 -0400
I think sleeping on the USS Cincinnati (SSN-693) was the best.  No wave action to interrupt the gently vibrations on the screw.  Just had to watch out when they were training new helmsmen/planesmen they would take the submarine to high angles 30 degrees or so.  Since most bunks were for/aft direction you would end up standing on your head.

Jerry