TECHNET Archives

September 2009

From:
Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:51:58 -0700
At 08:23 AM 9/16/2009, Robert Kondner wrote:
>Ken,
>
>   I don't know your total stack up but having internal layers between GND
>and PWR planes is waste of planes.

or not.   though that is my bias too.

>  Plane pairs are SO much more effective
>when they are very close.

depending on thickness budget and sig integrity rqmts this can be a
waste of overall thickness/reduce total available routing layers.

As always -- it depends. :-)