TECHNET Archives

August 2009

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:08:05 +0200
Victor,

forget the face of the welds for a minute and do two things:
1. Pulse some 100 A DC through the welds and monitor the voltage drop across
the weld.  There are graphs telling what the  voltage should be vs geometry,
pulse duration and pulse current. Most CD companies have such on the web.
2. Pull off some stripes and measure the force needed to separate the parts.
Same as above, look in the CD web sites.

Here is what you need. I've used these tests myself.

http://batteryuniversity.com/parttwo.htm

In the end, it's these two parameters that decide the weld quality.

Inge