TECHNET Archives

August 2009

From:
John Goulet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:51:15 +0000
Thanks Barbara, that is good information if I buy or invest in another property that will be another point to consider. I'm sure there are lots of secrets that the insurance companies have to get higher rates. You would think in your case the distance would also be offset by elevation. If you within 2000 feet but the house is on a hill wouldn't that change things? We saw a lot of the remodeled homes from Plum Island through Seabrook NH either had the house raised so the ground level served as a carport or storage so as the beach erosion increases and the water comes up the house will not be damaged. I wonder if the insurance companies have made allowances for these raised homes? The other alternative is to take a huge deductible to maintain a decent rate.

I did switch companies and saved $1,000 on the rental and $130 on cars and home.