TECHNET Archives

August 2009

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:32:20 -0500
This is strong enough to run through all your processes if the size is
right.

Shape of PCB, dimensions, is it run in panel form through wave, how is it
depaneled, are wavesolder pallets used,  weight of through hole components,
auto insertion used?

A flimsy design will go surfing in the wave with occasional flooding. My
preference is solder paste both sides with selective wavesolder pallets for
the through hole parts if the clearances are there. Too many fights in past
years with tantalums and SOT23's in shadowed postions using glue dots.

The PCB fab will have the same stack height as a 1.6mm PCB. Just more boards
in the stack. The drill tolerance and dia. will be the same.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:09 AM, prashant chopra <[log in to unmask]